Heating Skid and Systems
Heating skid are highly prioritized technologies that treat natural gases and other ignitable gases before infusing them into a basic cycle or gas turbine generator.
What is a heating skid?
A heating skid generally pre-treats the natural gases and other ignitable gases before infusing them into a basic cycle or a gas turbine generator. It is used for the treatment of fuel gases like natural gas, hydrogen gas, biogas, and propane gas prior to use in gas turbines. These systems are used to preheat the fuel gas to the desired temperature at a specific pressure and flow rate to meet emission norms and improve the life of downstream equipment. This system can also be used to superheat the gas for other industrial applications. It eliminates every single liquid drop and strong toxins from the gas. All of the system components and piping are skid-mounted for transport and installation.
Because of the increased demand for more versatile unit applications in recent years, we have broadened the design range for manufacturing heating skids. Thus, we manufacture portable heaters shaped as compact skids, which have applications in both the heating and cooling processes. We deliver customized solutions by designing each skid to meet the needs of the end-user.
A Typical Heater Skid consist of: –
- Electric heater bundle- To prevent liquid accumulation in the turbine’s condensation chambers, the fuel gas is heated above the hydrocarbon and water dew points using an electric heater, such as a circulation, immersion, or tubular heater.
- Pressure vessel or housing for the heater bundle– They are enclosed containers that hold as well as maintain liquids, vapors, and gases at considerably higher or lower pressures than the surrounding atmosphere.
- Control Panel for the Heater operation control- An industrial control panel (ICP) consists of two or more control and monitoring components, such as switches, main circuit breakers, programmable logic controllers (PLC), network switches, etc. for operating electrical system.
- Temperature sensors such as RTD’s, Thermocouples, Temperature transmitters– They are types of electronic devices that are used to determine the temperature of fluid or gas to be processed in a heating skid.
- Pressure safety valve– They are used to release gases or liquids for pressure maintenance in case of pressure overflow.
- Valves for flow control– Different types of valves, such as on-off valves, safety valves, and flow control valves, are used for draining liquid condensate.
- Power & instrument wiring- It is used to interconnect the various equipment for proper operation of the heating skid system.
- Skid base for easy installation at site– Skid is a system that provides a base that allows the entire heating system to be transported and installed with ease.
For particular requirements, additional scope can be provided, such as extended piping, scrubber installation, instrumentation for flow control, pressure, and level monitoring, and so on.
Industrial features and standards
- The pressure parts and equipment are designed in accordance with the code requirements such as ASME Sec. VIII, Div. I or II, PED, etc.
- The heater bundle as well as the control panel are designed to be installed in hazardous area zones 1 and 2, gas group IIC, and temperature classes T1 to T6, with IP 66 protection in accordance with ATEX and IEC Ex Standards.
- The control panel can be thyristor-controlled or contactor-based, depending on the operational requirements.
- Industrial certifications for hazardous area installation.
- Raw materials for vessels and pipes can be carbon steel, low-temperature carbon steels, SS, duplex steel, or alloys.
- Marathon can design and supply a fuel gas heater system suitable for hazardous area installation with an ambient temperature range of -40 °C to 60 °C.
- Temperature sensors such as RTDs, thermocouples, temperature transmitters, etc.
Working of heating skid
A standard Marathon Heater gas treatment skid consists of fuel gas preheaters, pressure maintenance valves, temperature transmitters, thyristor control panels for heaters, and a gas Superheater with interlinking piping and instrumentation. These components work together to treat feed fuel gas for solid contamination removal, liquid contamination removal, and dew point maintenance. The entire assembly is simple to install and assembled on a skid-base frame. The fuel gas initially enters a knockout drum where bulk liquids are separated. It is then directed to coalescing gas filters after leaving the knockout drum, which are employed to dehumidify the gas. The gas is then filtered to remove other particles and liquid condensate. After the impurities are removed from the raw fuel, the gas is compressed and transported to end users via pipelines. Air Duct Heater For HVAC Systems.
Advantages of heating skid
Fuel gas obtained from unnecessary solids as well as contaminated fluids is in high demand in oil and gas industries. Direct delivery of unconditioned process gas to the turbines, and burners of a gas engine can cause internal component damage. Even a tiny amount of liquid droplets or solid particles can significantly damage the combustion engine or turbines. Marathon Heater’s skids, which are developed to deliver clean, dry, and superheated gas to turbines, engines, and burners are the solution to this problem. As a result, gas conditioning plays an important role in the oil and gas industry. Heating Skid offers following benefits:
- Prevents deposits, corrosion, and emissions of solid, liquid, and gas contaminants.
- Increase the life span as well as the performance of the gas turbine.
- Prevents condensation in the system by superheating the gas above the dew point.
- Efficiency of 99.99% removal of liquid droplets as well as other components from gas.
- Limit maintenance costs.
- Minimal energy losses
- Operational friendly
- Optimum safety
Skids are widely used in power generation industry, as well as other industries that depends on gaseous fuel for energy.
- Mining industry
- Oil and gas processing
- Petrochemical industry
- Asphalt sector
Marathon Heater is responsible for the whole design, engineering, assembly, and testing of complete fuel gas conditioning skids. Marathon heater offers skids with electric heaters, control panels, etc. to meet the needs of our customers. Contact us at email@example.com for customized skid requirements.