Ceramic Band Heater
Ceramic band heaters transmit heat through both conduction & radiation. They are medium-to-high temperature heaters that have 650°C as maximum operating temperature. The ceramic core is housed beneath a stainless-steel sheet with serrated edges. This combined assembly of the Ceramic Band Heater offers a flexible heating system that provides efficient conduction and radiation of heat. The element winding is designed to heat the ceramic blocks to the point at which they radiate energy into the barrel as well as conduct energy by being in contact with the barrel. Fitting is not as critical as in other types of bands. The heat of the Ceramic Band originates from the inner coils that transfer heat through conduction. Ceramic band heaters can be manufactured with different terminal styles, are fully flexible & can accommodate holes and cut-outs. Marathon make 3 types of ceramic band heaters namely energy saving type, perforated type & insulated type.
|Sheath Material||Aluminium coated or Stainless Steel|
|Insulation Material||Ceramic Fiber Blanket|
|Watt Density||Up to 45 W/in2|
|Watt Ratings||500 – 5000 W|
|Voltage||120 V & 240 V, single phase, 2 phase and 3 phase|
|Width||25mm – 250mm|
|Diameter||40mm minimum, expandable up to 1200mm in 3 parts.|
Note– For more custom design requirements please firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maximum Allowable Watt Density in Watt/Sq. Inch
|CYLINDRICAL TEMP OC||94||150||205||260||315||370||425|
Fiberglass Lead & Stainless Steel Braid terminations:
Marathon Special Constructions:
- Plastic injection molding machine.
- Plastic extrusion machine.
- Waste incineration.
- Pipeline heating.
- Semiconductor industry.
- Lower Operating Cost – Less heat escapes to the air and less wattage is required to maintain barrel temperature, due to superior insulation.
- Heat transfer – Conduction and radiation are used as the means to transfer heat, thus they are less prone to thermal expansion problems and a near perfect fit is not required as with other heaters.
- Longer Heater Life – All materials used are rated to operate at very high temperatures.
- Higher Operating Temperatures.
- Flexible – Easy to install and remove.
- Uniform heat distribution.